SWEET DREAMS


A trip to Heals a few weeks ago not only resulted in us purchasing some super stripy candlesticks (see facebook or twitter) but was also a chance for us to get some fresh inspiration on display for a few upcoming exhibitions we have in the pipeline. I had intended to write a post about all of this inspiration but instead I feel compelled to share with you my love of texture and a few examples from my past as a Surface Textile Designer.

In a departure from the Clementine & Bloom norm this is probably our most neutral coloured blog post EVER! And although I absolutely, whole heartedly love colour (and I mean real colour not an accent piece or a variation of an off-white) I much prefer my textures in muted colours allowing for the surface to speak for itself.-


The top two pictures are from the window display in Heals, Tottenham Court Road, for their 'made to order' mattresses. These beautiful, repetitive and organic textural forms would have easily found their way onto my old moodboards, hoping to inspire a new collection of manipulated fabrics.

The images below are of my early samples made in silk, organza and leather and bring back memories of playful days spent hand painting dyes, hand stitching, free machining, scoring, cutting, burning and even baking fabrics in an endless cycle of producing more and more texture.


 




Even then the dream was to start Clementine & Bloom - a mother and daughter design collaboration sharing our love of colour and luxury interior accessories. We would love to hear about your dreams and how you are working towards making them become a reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment